Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Museums and Matilda

We went to the Brittish Museum and the National Portrait Gallery yesterday. They were interesting for sure but it is definitely hard to stay engaged when you do back to back museums.



Seeing the Rosetta Stone was cool though! After that I came home and re packed all the things I had strewn about my room and found I even have extra room in my bags still! (I'm a great packer)!

Later that night we went to see Matilda the Musical and I have to say I was disappointed. We studied the book in Children's Lit so I was looking forward to reliving the story through music. However, the story got lost in an attempt to make it more theatrically pleasing. While I loved the grand set changes and musical numbers, it just wasn't Matilda enough for me to love it. I loved it as a theatre lover but not as a book lover. Here's the cool book covered stage:




1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of you in front of the mummies at the British Museum. You should definitely post this to the FSU Academic Affairs facebook page!

    ReplyDelete