Sunday, January 11, 2015

Oh Yeah, Other Things Exist

So I forgot to post what else I did besides Harry Potter because I'm a little obsessed. 

After we went to harrod's which come to find out is just a mall with less doors? I guess it is worth the hype if you're made of money, but I just took a picture and passed on through. 


After that we went to M&M world which was cute and fun, just like the one I have already been to in New York. It's in Piccadilly Circus which looks a lot like Manhattan with the lit up signs! 






Finally to round off everything Harry Potter we visited Kings Cross Station and had our pictures taken at platform 9 and 3/4. 


Tomorrow we are visiting the globe theatre and I have a free afternoon. I'm thinking shopping!? :) 

I also am starting a 3 day run seeing musicals- as London is known for their fabulous theaters. 

Tomorrow I am seeing Mama Mia, a personal fav, in honor of my Nanny as it was her personal favorite musical as well. In Italy I was able to light a candle for her in the duomo and in London I will be her dancing queen. 
Tuesday I am seeing Jersey Boys because I have never seen it before and have been dying to for years, what better place?!
Wednesday my group is going to see Matilda the Musical, as my children's lit class read Matilda this semester. Can't wait to see the fun translation to stage (and love finding new ways to get students more involved with reading). It hasn't hit the U.S. yet but is getting rave reviews in the U.K.







No comments:

Post a Comment