Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Reflections on Traveling and The First Day

Thoughts on the flight from a jet lagged human being:
Virgin Atlantic's new planes are so awesome and entertainment friendly that they could be mistaken for a modern night club lounge. The flight was good but I was not happy with the delays, but hey, ice happens! I could not get their "free" wifi to work at all other than 1 Facebook post (I know so strange) so hopefully that is better and stronger on the way home, if not, there's still 7 million brand new movies to watch on the android touch screen tvs in each headrest. Amazing!
I actually met some people on the flight from other schools that were traveling to London for an entire semester study abroad. It was so cool to share the quest to come overseas with other people, and talk about our nerves and such. They were super nice and definitely enhanced the study abroad community on the way here. This was important because we spent a lot of extra time together as our 10:10 flight out of boston finally took off at 12:30...pm. As you can imagine I am exhausted. 

...which brings me to my first day here. We couldn't believe all the telephone booths and double decker buses were actually real when we got here! It felt like someone put me on the set of a movie, considering that's the only time I've seen the landscape. The architecture here is old and beautiful but you feel weird admiring it surrounded by the modern hustle and bustle (everyone is rushing. Everywhere. All the time. Slow down people!). I haven't had the chance to do much else besides grab some snack like groceries and an Oyster card (the equivalent to a Charlie Card you Bostonians). But our apartments are cute and nice (see last post) and I think there is a lot more to see, do and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment