Monday, January 12, 2015

The Globe Theatre and More!

We visited the Globe Theatre (where Shakespeare's plays were famously held) and took a tour. I learned a lot about Shakespeare, for example it was mostly an auditory experience, so the best seats in the house were not in front but behind the actors. Also, the area it was in was known as a red light district so the top floor was often used for prostitution when it was not sold out. The theatre was the best possible recreation of the original, as it had been torn down many times. I was able to learn a lot that I never knew I didn't know, and it was fun!




After I had a chocolate chip twist croissant that was very good! Just look!


Finally, later that night I had dinner and went to see Mamma Mia with my friend and roommate Amanda. As my family knows, this show holds a special place in my heart as it was beloved to my grandmother and just embodies her spirit, enthusiasm and fun-loving nature. We were in the very back of the theatre (the cheap seats, lol) but I still had a blast! The first selfie is in the taxi on the way there because the little black taxis are so darn cute. 










No comments:

Post a Comment